Old world charm at The JaneCopenhagen, Denmark
Plump for a two-headed beast of a night with a visit to the Jane in Copenhagen’s oldest neighbourhood, Indre By. As dusk falls, curl up with friends on Chesterfield sofas in a fireplace-filled corner lined with leather-bound tomes and lit by candlelight. The bar’s wood panelling, leather upholstery, moody tones and vintage-style artwork lend a Mad Men feel – and that is exactly the intention. But when the clock strikes midnight and the expertly crafted negronis are coursing through your veins, compelling you to move, there’s another world to infiltrate.
Creep behind the sliding bookshelf to shimmy up beside the DJ on the dance floor, where it’s modern warehouse rave vibes all the way. Whether you want to chink glasses over quiet D&Ms or boogie while a giant mural of a horned Patrick Swayze stares you down, there’s a space for everyone at the Jane.
- Settling into a nice Chesterfield couch with a tumbler of whisky and admiring the wood panelling, leather upholstery, and vintage-stylings à la Mad Men
- The rocking beats…after midnight this little den goes from Heckle to Jeckle
- The smoking room, if you’re partial to puff on a cigar after your fav aperitif
- The option of being able to actually carry out an audible conversation with friends or hit the dance floor
- It’s not a large space and can fill quickly