Rainforest resortLangkawi, Malaysia
Treetop living doesn’t get much more luxurious than this. Hidden amidst a 10 million year old rainforest containing extraordinary biodiversity, The Datai’s award-winning architecture ensures an elegant and spacious home from which to explore a truly wild ‘backyard’.
Canopy rooms will have you face to face with the treetops and its inhabitants, while rainforest villas perch on stilts in the heart of the greenery. If you’re more of a beach person, one and two bedroom villas open onto the white-sand beach of Datai Bay, voted by National Geographic as one of the world’s top ten beaches.
Resident naturalist Irshad Mobarak helps unlock the secrets of the forest at the resort’s Nature Centre located within a tribal-style bamboo longhouse, but don’t be surprised to spot a dusky langur, tokay gecko, or hornbill simply while sipping a cocktail at the bar. With nearby waterfalls, mangrove trails, coral reefs and rainforest walks, the Datai is a nature lover’s dream.
- Waking up to views of one of the world’s top ten beaches, as voted by National Geographic.
- The incredible, recently-renovated resort facilities – you won’t be bored here!
- The resort’s sustainability strategy. With a commitment to using less energy, water and plastic, you can relax knowing your presence isn’t to the detriment of the environment.
- Discovering more about the incredible biodiversity at the new Nature Centre.
- First-class dining options inspired by regional flavours.
- With multiple restaurants and bars, plus a dizzying array of activities, treatments and experiences to enjoy, it’s almost impossible to do everything in one stay!
- This kind of luxury doesn’t come cheap.
Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, FireFly, Malindo Air and Scoot all fly direct from Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore to Langkawi International Airport. From there, it’s a 40 minute drive to The Datai.
- Rooms, suites and villas have views of rainforest or Andaman Sea
- Five restaurants
- Wellness Spa
- Health club
- Beach access
- Atelier (art space & workshops)
- Nature centre
- Golf course
- Free W-Fi
- Air conditioning
Rooms from around US$620 per night for two people.