Secrets of SudanKhartoum, Sudan
It doesn’t rate highly on any tourist hot lists, but fascinating Sudan is a forgotten paradise, home to ancient pyramids, royal temples and mysterious archaeological wonders. It’s also a place of great natural beauty, where sand dunes, palm trees and the colossal Nile River dominate the dramatic arid landscape. On this eye-opening 12-day voyage with MT Sobek, you’ll experience the history, culture and dazzling scenery firsthand, discovering a side to Sudan that often goes unreported.
Enthusiastic locals will welcome you to desert camps, knowledgeable guides will lead you through tombs and souks, and you’ll marvel at traditional whirling dervishes. There’s even a Nile River cruise that leads to the Nuri pyramids. This tour will redefine everything you believed about travelling to this rarely visited part of the world.
- An incredible cultural encounter in a country that’s off the radar
- Exploring ancient pyramids and royal temples
- Cruising up the mighty Nile River to discover archaeological wonders
- Meet Nubian people and sleep in a traditional home surrounded by sand dunes and palm trees
- If you have little interest in archeology and antiquities, this trip will unlikely be on your bucket list
12-day Ancient Kingdoms of Sudan treks with MT Sobek start from US$5200.