Ski-in to High West DistilleryPark City, Utah
Planted in one of the country’s most conservative states it’s a wonder this downtown whiskey saloon ever came to be. Not only does High West pour a mean Old Fashioned, but it also produces the very Rendezvous Rye that goes into it. Yet there’s more: unsatisfied with merely flying in the face of draconian local liquor laws and winning numerous awards, High West also holds the mantle as the globe’s only ski-in ski-out distillery.
Pass under the original Wild West wooden facade with your cheeks still cold from the breath of the mountains, and emerge later among the snow-clad streets warm with the glow of aged Yippee Ki-Yay whiskey and its cinnamon spice notes. Or settle in for the night with a homemade chicken pot pie and a High West 101 whiskey flight, watching the snow flutter past the windows.
- Whisky and rye, craft cocktails and beer…all you need to warm the cockles of your heart in the snow
- Skiing into the saloon grabbing a warming Old Fashioned and heading out to the next ski run
- Taking the guided tour and learning about whiskey by tasting of course
- Delicious food options – try the charcuterie plate
- Can become pretty chocked full of thirsty skiers – check out the outdoor fire pit