Smoke on the waterSydney, Australia
Now we don’t want to sway the battle for Sydney’s hottest rooftop bar, but we think Smoke Bar, located at Barangaroo House, is a serious contender. More than just a catchy name, ‘smoke’ is actually a theme that resonates through the food and cocktail menus.
Smoked trout and smoked brisket doughnuts are just two of the smouldering highlights, but it’s the Smoky Martini that’s really worth lining up for. Speaking of, don’t expect to waltz in with your Havvies on after a Bondi sun-sesh – this is the type of establishment that offers table service and expects guests to dress up for the occasion.
It’s totally worth it though. Smoke proves you can still get the wow-factor without a bridge or Opera House vista.
- The Darling Harbour view as the sun is setting
- The ‘smoked’ menu with 14 share style plates as well as a charcuterie and caviar section
- Mouth watering snacks savoury mushroom doughnuts, eggplant skewers with truffle, and barramundi sliders
- Excellent selection of wines by the glass
- Specialty cocktails like the Mountain Martini with dry vermouth torched onion and sea urchin brine and a grilled pineapple daiquiri
- If Smoke doesn’t take your fancy try the other two levels – House Bar and Bea