Spend a night among the stars in a craneFrise, Netherlands
It’s time to add ‘stay the night on a crane’ to your bucket list, just so you can tick it off here. Perched beside the Wadden Sea, the crane, which was built in 1967 and unloaded timber until 1996, offers 360-degree views of historic Harlingen from its retreat for two in the machine room. Head up a set of stairs and you’re in the cabin. Here, you can tentatively swing from left to right like you’ve always seen but never done. If you can pull yourself away from your real-life Tonka truck, head down the lift to the ground and explore the beautiful ports and Harlingen lighthouse.
- Having an entire crane all to yourself for the night
- The incredible views over the harbour
- The ultimate power-trip – guests can control the crane and choose their view and positioning with the touch of a button
- If you’re afraid of heights this Harlingen property might not be right for you
- The decor has a funky 80s feel about it, which might not suit all tastes
- Free wi-fi
- Flat-screen TV
- Large roof patio
- Breakfast facilities
From AU$470 per night.