Spend an evening at BrewDog brewery Columbus, USA
What’s better than spending a whole day at a brewery? Staying there overnight. You can now do just that at the DogHouse, a 32-room hotel on the site of Scottish company BrewDog’s Columbus, Ohio, beer factory. The rooms, not entirely surprisingly, have a masculine vibe – some like the Brewmaster Suite (pictured) overlook the sour beer works – with plenty of suds on offer throughout the stay. It starts at check-in with the lobby bartender ensuring guests enjoy a welcoming ale, while two fridges – one in the room and the other in the shower – are loaded up with the company’s best-known craft beers and seasonal specials.
Oh, there’s an in-room tap, too, that can be hooked up to a growler of whatever bevvy your tastebuds desire. Of course, while you’re here, it would be churlish not to do a tour of the facilities and the huge interactive craft beer museum. We’ll raise a glass to that.
- Not having to worry about driving home after tasting the Brewdog’s fine selection of brews
- Having an in-room beer tap
- The great selection of beer-compatible food – mac and cheese, cornbread salad, and pizza (try the goat’s cheese or chorizo)
- Knocking back a local IPA while playing one of the many board games available
- Your very own beer fridge in the shower…just in case
- Not much of a fan of beer? Don’t worry there’s also wine, cider and a selection of alcohol free beer