Stay cool in SwedenStockholm, Sweden
Your Scandinavian escape begins in Sweden’s beautiful capital city Stockholm - also known as 'The Capital of Life and Movement'. Stockholm is built upon 14 islands, all part of an archipelago. It's a charming, vibrant city surrounded by beauty and water, hence its nickname, Venice of the North.
After enjoying a taste of the urban lifestyle Stockholm has to offer, it's time to continue north - 200km inside the Arctic Circle to the last wilderness of Europe: Abisko. In this region, around ten thousand years ago, glaciers carved out a riverbed and the Torne River was born. Since then, the crystal clear and pure waters of the Torne River have flowed freely along its 600km path, through Lapland and out to the sea in the southeast.
It's also here, that the world-famous Icehotel 365 awaits you. At the newly-built hotel, you can experience the natural beauty of the Torne River all year round. And thanks to the long days in the north, all energy for the new building will be produced by solar panels. Therefore, the Icehotel365 is essentially kept cool by the sun.
- Spending a night in the super-cool (in more ways than one!) Icehotel 365
- The overnight train from Stockholm to Abisko, where you can relax in a private 2-3 person compartment
- Temperatures in Icehotel 365 sit at minus five degrees, so despite the thermal sleeping bags and reindeer skins, sleeping on a bed of snow and ice may not offer the sweet dreams you’re after
- Two nights accommodation in Stockholm
- Overnight train from Stockholm to Abisko in a private 2-3 person private compartment
- Two nights accommodation in Abisko, including dinner
- One night in an Art Suite at Icehotel 365
- One night in a Kaamos rooms (warm accommodation option) at Icehotel 365
- Train from Abisko to Kiruna
- Transfer from Kiruna Central Station to Icehotel 365
- Transfer from Icehotel 365 to the airport
US$2,098 per person.