Volcanic stay in the South PacificTanna, Vanuatu
If you’re heading to the South Pacific and are looking for a point of difference from the obligatory beach view paradise, why not stay on a volcano? The island of Tanna, a 50-minute flight south of the capital Port Vila, is home to one of the world’s most accessible active volcanos, Yasur.
White Grass Ocean Resort is located on the coastline of Tanna island and features villa style luxury in classic Pacific Island style with private balconies, natural thatching, and local timbers positioned amidst stunning tropical gardens. It is also home to one to the most accessible volcanos in the world, Mt Yasur and you can get up close and personal by walking up to the crater of the rim.
Take a 4wd out to the volcano, snorkel around the pristine reefs and blue holes or chill at the resort with a professional trained masseuse using Tanna’s own virgin coconut oil and volcanic products.
- Visit the volcano at dusk and you’ll see lava displays illuminate the night sky
- The surrounding beaches provide endless activities for your stay
- The resort’s complimentary use of sea kayaks, mountain bikes, snorkelling equipment, and free guided snorkel tours of Turtle reef
- Your next beach stay will seem dull after this
- An underground spring supplies pure drinking water for guests
- A day spa
- Free wi-fi in the guest lounge
- Tropical breakfast
- PADI dive centre
- Complimentary use of sea kayaks, mountain bikes, snorkelling equipment, petanque equipment and free guided snorkel tours of Turtle reef
- Swimming pool
From US$275 per night for a twin share room