The pink sands of Tangsi BeachTangsi Beach, Lombok
Named as one of the world's most beautiful beaches, the pink sands of Tangsi Beach in Lombok is secluded, calm and colourful. Pink sands are framed by green landscapes and crystal blue waters that lie nearly flat most of the time thanks to the protection of the bay.
The beach's colour comes from the pink coral shards that mix in to the grainy white sand. It's no surprise, then, that below the ocean's surface lies an abundance of live coral and sea life, and it's calm waters make it the perfect place for swimming and snorkelling.
Keep in mind though, Tangsi Beach is fairly remote and undeveloped, so there's not a lot around and you'll have to bring your own snorkelling gear, and without hotels or resorts lining this beach, you're best to stay in nearby Mataram.
Still, it's this lack of development that makes this beach so wonderful. Lazy days, on pink sands, and the whole ocean to yourself... what more could you want?
- The serenity as the beach is void of major developments.
- The photos – turquoise waters, green surrounds and pink sands. Could you ask for a better subject?
- The calm bay makes it ideal for snorkelling.
- There aren’t many amenities around so you’ll need to be self sufficient here.
- It’s not easy to get to due to poor condition roads.
Located on the Tanjung Ringgit Peninsula in Lombok, it’s about a two and a half hour scooter ride away from Kuta. Alternatively, day tours are available.
- You’ll need to be self sufficient on this beach. There’s not a lot around except for a few people selling drinks and snacks.
- Local fishermen offer boat tours to nearby islands.