Tassie's Hanging GardenHobart, Tasmania
Originally launched to coincide with Dark Mofo 2019 as a kind of a multipurpose cultural space, In The Hanging Garden has reopened as a permanent – albeit still flexible – fixture of Hobart’s hospitality and live music scene.
The enormous precinct, which features a tiered beer garden, outdoor dining area, bar and nightclub, spans an entire city block, and is mostly covered by a huge cathedral-like roof. Faux lawn, potted plants and comfy bean bags are dotted throughout, while the lower level of the venue hosts food trucks, market stalls and pop-up kitchens.
Whether catching an acoustic set, stocking up on local produce or simply meeting friends for a quick after-work drink, it appears as though this lush, urban oasis in the heart of Tassie’s capital truly has something for everyone.
- Hanging with the in crowd at Hobart’s premier bar, venue and cultural space
- Your one stop shop for drinks, music, food, coffee and good vibes
- The Sunday Service – communal feasting day with a weekly rotating menu
- Experiencing music from around the world at Odeon
- Think you’re not hip enough to hang? Think again, In the Hanging Garden is all-inclusive!
In the Hanging Garden is located in 112 Murray Street Hobart.
In the Hanging Garden is open from Wed – Sun 11pm – late.