Tassie's Hanging GardenHobart, Tasmania
Originally launched to coincide with Dark Mofo 2019 as a multipurpose cultural space, In The Hanging Garden has reopened as a permanent – albeit still flexible – fixture of Hobart’s hospitality and live music scene.
The enormous precinct, which features a tiered beer garden, outdoor dining area, bar, band room and nightclub, spans an entire city block, and is mostly covered by a huge cathedral-like roof. Faux lawn, potted plants and tables and chairs are dotted throughout the lower level of the venue, while the upper level is home to Oryza and Bruny Island Cheese Co., whose menus change with the seasons. The venue's house bars also sling exclusively Tassie wines and a rotating list of seasonal cocktails.
Whether catching an acoustic set, heading out for a dance or simply meeting friends for a quick after-work drink, it appears as though this lush, urban oasis in the heart of Tassie’s capital truly has something for everyone.
- Hanging with the in-crowd at Hobart’s premier bar, venue and cultural space
- Your one-stop-shop for drinks, music, food, coffee and good vibes
- The Sunday Service – communal feasting day with a weekly rotating menu
- Experiencing music from around the world at Odeon
- Think you’re not hip enough to hang? Think again, In the Hanging Garden is all-inclusive!
In the Hanging Garden is located in 112 Murray Street Hobart.
In the Hanging Garden is open from Wed – Sun 11am – late.