The Wild DetectivesDallas, USA
Deep in the heart of Texas two Spanish engineers have delivered a venue that combines two of our greatest loves: beer and books. By day you can get a coffee here, but by night this cute bookstore bungalow turns into a bar. Browse the shelves, where you can find the work of plenty of local authors, order a tosta (a Spanish-style bruschetta topped with prosciutto or salmon) and a pint.
Local breweries Texas Ale Project, Peticolas and Four Corners are all represented. Then either flip through some pages or eye what the person sitting opposite is reading. On many evenings, you might also stumble across an event – movie screenings, readings, wine tastings, DJ sets and book signings are all on the agenda.
- Pick up a Kafka or start a Tolstoy…the collection of books is immense
- Reading and drinking…who doesn’t enjoy this?
- The vinyl collection…dig deep
- Sampling beer from local breweries Texas Ale Project, Peticolas and Four Corners
- Not much of a reader? Never too late; it will improve your memory and strengthen your noggin