Turkish delight at the Dirty SultanFortitude Valley, Queensland
Like all great ideas, Dirty Sultan – Brisbane’s first Turkish shisha lounge – was concocted during a backpacking trip around Europe.
Drawing inspo from bars in Greece, Turkey and even France, pals Tom D’Arcy and Dilan Ildes have taken all their favourite elements (think Middle Eastern flavours and a super-luxe aesthetic) and brought them to sunny Brisbane. The result is an exotic rooftop establishment loaded with daybeds, lanterns and plenty of greenery.
Shishas come infused with grape, watermelon and strawberry, but for something more substantial, the falafel popcorn or Nutella baklava hit the spot. Wash it all down with one (or many) of the ridiculously good cocktails, like the Leyla, a Turkish mojito made using pomegranate and mint.
- Middle Eastern mezze with Brisbane skyline views
- The secret shisha lounge – the only one in Brissie
- The decor that includes art by LA artist Asad Faulwell, wall gardens, day beds, curtains, ottomans, and handmade Turkish lanterns
- Turkish street food menu – try the spinach & cheese gozleme, home-made Turkish bread, pumpkin and beetroot hummus, and haloumi fries
- Exotic bespoke cocktails. Try the Yasmin, a rose Turkish delight cocktail
- Once you plant yourself down on a daybed with a cocktail and a plate of meze will you ever want to move?
The Dirty Sultan is located at the Constance Rooftop, 18 – 20 Constance St, Fortitude Valley.
Approx $60 for two with alcohol.