Beachside luxury at Anantara Peace Haven TangalleTangalle, Sri Lanka
Perched on a cliff top on Sri Lanka’s south coast, Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle lives up to its name. On arrival, two infinity pools framed by palm trees overlook the ocean. Take in tailored spa treatments with the sixth-gen Ayurvedic healer, and try out the three restaurants – there’s even a treehouse from where you can choose the best of a local fisherman’s daily bounty and have it prepared by the chefs.
Looking for active distractions? Climb to the top of 2000-year-old Buddhist temple and monastery, Mulkirigala. When you return, dive straight into your villa’s private plunge pool, while the resort’s cheeky monkeys bound overhead. If you’re going to embrace the wellness trend, it may as well be in paradise.
- Idyllic setting surrounded by palm trees, in Sri Lanka’s south coast, perched on cliff tops overlooking the Indian ocean
- Luxurious spa treatments with award-winning Ayurvedic healers
- Climbing to the top of 2000-year-old Buddhist temple and monastery, Mulkirigala
- Explore the island’s rainforests, pilgrimage sites and fishing ports
- Find it hard to unwind? If you can’t here…you can’t anywhere
- Air conditioning
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Free wi-fi
- Ocean views (balcony / terrace)
- Tennis court
- Free parking
- Fitness centre with gym
- Bar / lounge
From US$220 a night.