Beachside at Anantara Peace Haven TangalleTangalle, Sri Lanka
Perched on a cliff top on Sri Lanka’s south coast, Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle lives up to its name. On arrival, two infinity pools framed by palm trees overlook the ocean. Take in tailored spa treatments with the sixth-gen Ayurvedic healer, and try out the three restaurants – there’s even a treehouse from where you can choose the best of a local fisherman’s daily bounty and have it prepared by the chefs.
Looking for active distractions? Climb to the top of the 2000-year-old Buddhist temple and monastery Mulkirigala. When you return, dive straight into your villa’s private plunge pool, while the resort’s cheeky monkeys bound overhead. If you’re going to embrace the wellness trend, it may as well be in paradise.
- An idyllic setting On Sri Lanka’s south coast that surrounded by palm trees and looks across the Indian Ocean
- Luxurious spa treatments with award-winning Ayurvedic healers
- Climbing to the top of Mulkirigala which is 2000-year-old Buddhist temple and monastery
- Explore the island’s rainforests, pilgrimage sites and fishing ports
- Find it hard to unwind? If you can’t do here then you can’t do it anywhere
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV and free wifi
- Ocean views from a balcony or terrace
- Tennis court
- Free parking
- Fitness centre with gym
- Bar and lounge
From US$220 a night.