Sleep under the stars in Oman's Wahabi desertAl Wasil, Oman
In the highest sand dunes of Oman's Wahabi desert lies Desert Nights Camp, the ultimate Arabian glamping experience. Marvel at the majesty and isolation of the desert landscape as you take part in some of the activities, including sunset camel rides, dune boarding and visits to local souqs and ancient forts.
In the evening take your place on a pillow around the campfire, listen to traditional Omani music and delight in dates and local coffee.
Sleep under the desert stars in tents woven from Omani goat hair and forget about the worries of the modern world. This camp is not without its luxuries, as each of the deluxe tents has an ensuite bathroom, living room and outdoor sitting area. Dinner of authentic Omani cuisine is served beneath the sails in the restaurant.
This sand sojourn will leave you entranced by the wonders of the Arabian Desert and reluctant to get back to reality.
- The beautiful seclusion of the Omani desert
- Sampling local drinks and sweet treats
- Air conditioning and private bathrooms
- Sunset camel rides
- Dune bashing in a 4WD
- The scorching hot temperatures during the day
- Walking between your private tent and the meal or recreation tent during a sand storm
- The price tag
The camp is a two-hour drive from Muscat.
- Delux, sturdy tents
- Air conditioning in rooms and private bathrooms
- Fine dining
- Recreation room with board games and telescope
- Electricity in tents
- Outdoor adventures, including quad biking and dune surfing
A two-night stay for a couple costs about US$700 and prebooked outdoor activities are around US$25 each.
The desert can get hot and the best time to go is between October and April when the temperature is 25°C (77°F) to around 35°C (95°F) during the day and does not get cold at night. Bring lightweight cotton clothing and sturdy sandals.