XVA Art HotelDubai, UAE
If you live and breathe art you will do both happily at the XVA Hotel in Dubai, an understated boutique property in a city usually associated with excess.
This triple threat – it’s a hotel, vegetarian cafe and one of the best contemporary art galleries in the city – is located in the Al Fahidi historical neighbourhood, with its Persian architecture and snaking alleyways. The 13 guest rooms, arranged around shady courtyards where guests relax sipping mint lemonade, were once part of a home that was painstakingly restored over a four-year period by owner Mona Hauser.
Each has a theme based on a local tradition – henna or dishdashas (traditional robes), for example – and features artwork by XVA artists.
- Walking distance to the the oldest region of Dubai, Al Fahidi quarter
- In the heart of old Dubai – creekside district and close to the Souks and cultural centre
- The stunning Persian architecture
- Smaller more intimate hotel
- Lush complimentary breakfast
- You may think opulent high-rises for your Dubai stopover but bigger is not always better
- Free breakfast
- Free high speed wi-fi
- Air con
- Flat screen TV
- Art gallery
Double rooms from about USD$100 a night, including breakfast.