Go West to Ghana, Togo and BeninGhana, West Africa
Discover a side of Africa you may not be familiar with – one that’s devoid of lions and elephants – on an eye-opening tour through West Africa with Abercrombie & Kent. The 16-day West Africa: People Past & Present expedition explores the colourful nations of Ghana, Togo and Benin, which are renowned for sun-soaked beaches, lively colonial cities (there’s a strong European influence due to the gold and slave trades) and fascinating cultural rituals.
Highlights include attending a real-life voodoo ceremony and meeting a witch doctor in Togo, cruising Africa’s largest stilt fishing village in Benin, checking out Ghana’s Akwasidae Festival and meeting local artisans. It’s a charming insight into a version of Africa that doesn’t often make the brochure.
- Focussing on Africa experience that don’t include the big five
- Taking part in a voodoo ceremony
- Combining visits to textile markets with exploring colonial relics
- Adjusting your itinerary so you can concentrate on attractions that interest you most
- You’re unlikely to have close encounters with lions and giraffes
Abercrombie & Kent’s 16-day West Africa: People, Past & Present tour starts at US$8,150.