Morocco's best boutique addressEssaouira, Morocco
It’s easy to be distracted by the amazing decor – a clever blend of tribal and modernist – of this amazing four-bedroom villa near the old medina in the coastal town of Essaouira, but it’s the little things that make it exceptional. When you and up to seven of your closest friends arrive, the owner will be there to offer a guided tour of the surrounds and tell you exactly where all the best local restaurants, hammams and activities can be found (they’re also listed in a handy booklet). And while the rooms are definitely a sight for sore, travel-weary eyes, there are plenty of opportunities to catch a few rays even without strolling to the nearby beach. Nomad House is built around a central courtyard, there’s a large terrace complete with hammock on the second floor, and the top floor bedroom also has a private patio.
- Having the whole place to yourself – no one’s around to cramp your style
- The designer-look of the house – it’s like something straight out of the pages of Architectural Digest
- Essaouira is great for budding surfers and beach fiends, but might hold less interest for those who want vast souks and bustling squares
- If you’re not taking friends to share the cost your stay would end up more expensive than other local options
- The top-floor bedroom has a private patio, while the second-floor bedrooms have access to a terrace complete with hammock
- iPod dock
- Complimentary arrival package of tea, coffee, water, milk and fruit
- Guests staying a week or longer get a pair of Moroccan slippers
- Books, CDs, board games
From about AU$1500 a week.