Posh, not pricy, at Adler HostelSingapore
Most people don’t think luxury when it comes to backpacker-style lodgings, but Adler Hostel proves that you can go a little bit posh without the hefty price tag. Located in the bustling heart of Singapore's Chinatown district, the hostel’s dorms are furnished in a range of elegant themes. Each capsule-style bed is surprisingly spacious and houses all the right creature comforts – think plump pillows, universal power points, clothes hangers, a personal locker and a curtain for privacy.
The tea and juice bar offers an ever-changing breakfast menu and leads to a cosy lounge area perfect for relaxing or meeting fellow travellers. If you can bring yourself to leave your cocoon of comfort, there’s a plethora of restaurants and shops just outside the door. You’ll be hard pressed to find better bang for your buck.
- Being in the thick of the local attractions, but feeling like you’re in a quiet and secluded oasis
- The unique themes of each room
- Enjoying the variety of delicious food on offer on the breakfast menu
- Potentially being subjected to the snoring of other guests in your dormitory
- Having to share your grooming space in the communal bathrooms
Adler Hostel is 22 kilometres from Singapore Changi Airport. Transfer by shuttle bus (US$6.40) takes approximately 35 minutes, or 20 minutes by taxi (US$21).
- Luxe bedding
- A fresh towel
- Personal power points
- Bed lighting
- Curtain for privacy
- Clothes hangers
- Personal locker
Beds start from about US$58 a person, including breakfast and wi-fi.