Slumber in a Time CapsulePahang, Malaysia
Malaysia is a long way from Middle-earth, but the charming family-run lodgings, Time Capsule Retreat, will have your getting your hobbit on. Tucked away in lush forest in the peninsula state of Pahang, the delightful capsule rooms are made from pipe cylinders, with floor-to-ceiling glass at the opening letting light and green views right in. At two metres by three metres, the rooms are cosy and simple but large enough to accommodate a queen-size bed. They are air-conditioned but you’ll have to share a bathroom with your neighbour.
- Snuggling down in your comfy tube cocoon
- Exploring the surrounding rainforest and waterfalls
- Feeling like you’re a part of nature
- There isn’t much room inside the capsule, so luggage is best kept to the essentials
- The retreat isn’t in the town centre, so you’ll have to walk or drive to pick up any supplies you may need
Time Capsule Retreat is around 325 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
- Queen-size bed
- Air conditioning
- Shared bathroom facilities
- Common room with TV, wi-fi, refrigerator, and coffee and tea facilities
Rooms cost from US$30 a night.