A sublime time in PortugalGrândola, Portugal
It doesn’t take much to understand how Sublime Comporta got its moniker – it’s a divine lodging showcasing contemporary architecture within stunning surroundings. But this exclusive beachside hotel, with 23 rooms and suites as well as a series of villas of varying sizes, doesn’t rely on its good looks to get by.
Located in the up-and-coming region of Alentejo, Sublime Comporta’s focus on sustainable practices – solar power, electric car chargers, an organic garden and partnerships with local growers to use regional produce – gives it eco-friendly status. Plus, it’s just launched nine suites that are perched above a swimming pool treated with aquatic plants rather than chemicals. You want luxury, minus the environmental guilt?
- Resort accomodation in a remote setting with premium log cabins in the woods and picturesque grounds
- Lounging by the pool, soaking in the spa, and sweating in the sauna
- Three stunning restaurants and two bars to choose from
- Activities include yoga, cycling, tennis, wine tasting
- Being such a chilled environment will you be able to remove yourself?
- Flat screen tv
- Free wifi
- Free breakfast
- Soundproof rooms
- Pool, spa, sauna
- Children’s activities
- Free parking
From US$240 a night.