India's ultimate glamping experienceThiksey, India
Panoramic views of mystical mountains, a private patio and your very own butler – this is glamping like you've never seen before. Chamba Camp in Thiksey sits in the twin shadows of India's impressive Stok Kangri and the Ladakh mountain ranges and houses travellers in unique, individually designed tents. The camp is located away from the hustle and bustle of tourist trails – but don’t worry there is still plenty of activities to keep you busy and to take you into the heart of India.
Try your hand at archery and croquet or if you’re in the mood for adventure explore nearby villages either on foot or by bike. Bird enthusiasts will delight in the bird watching sojourn and there are many culture tours to embark on including visiting the Leh Palace and walks through ancient trade paths surmounted 108 stupas. You'll find it almost impossible not to be moved by the chanting of prayers flowing from the nearby Thiksey Monastery. At the end of your jam-packed day enjoy a meal in the dining tent before returning to your own haven for the night. And if you need anything during your stay, just call on your own personal butler.
Located in the iconic Thiksey Monastery, the camp is a 35 minute drive from Leh airport and Leh City.
- En-suite bathroom with hot water, hair dryer and shaver socket
- Private patio
- Air-conditioners and heaters
- Custom-made bedroom slippers, eye masks, and earplugs
- A mini-bar with complimentary beverages
- Colonial-era furniture and furnishings, including a wooden chandelier
- Beds with memory foam mattresses and luxurious linen
- A desk equipped with custom stationery